Nominations are open for the Distinguished Citizen Award. This award is given out each year by the Massillon Washington High School Alumni Association in recognition of graduates who have achieved local, national, or international success in their chosen career fields.
Nominations may be made by graduates or friends of WHS. Graduates may nominate a classmate or someone from another class.
To nominate someone for this honor:
- Download the Distinguished Citizen Nomination Form
- Comeplete the Nominator and Nominee portions
- Answer as many of the questions as possible
- Mail the form to the nominee asking him/her to complete the remaining questions
- Ask the nominee to return the form to the address below with a complete resumé detailing his/her career field successes
Completed nomination forms must be returned to:
Distinguished Citizens Committee
1 Paul E. Brown Drive SE
Massillon, OH 44646
Once a person has been nominated, their nomination is kept on file. If they were not chosen for the honor in the year first submitted it is not necessary to re-nominate, but updating a previously submitted nomination is recommended if that individual has received more recognition.
More information about the honorees throughout the years may be found on the Distinguished Citizens page.